Sunday, June 24, 2007

~♥Day 175...D...is for Dad!♥~


~♥Day 175...D...is for Dad!♥~
Originally uploaded by Brandy Young.

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥My dad!♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

My dad lived a short but very full life.
He was hard working and only stopped due to an illness that forced his retirement.

My relationship with my dad was typical I think. Great when I was little...rough when I was a teen. But when I grew up and got married we became very close. I still remember one day he came to my house, I was about 7 months pregnant with our first son. I went to my parent's house everyday while my husband was at work. That day I had slept most of the day. He was just coming to check if I was ok, because I hadn't been to their house yet. He was a very loving man.
My oldest son and him were best buds. He was always "stealing" him to go walk or visit with my grandparents. All of his grandchildren miss their Grampy!

My parents married in 1966.
He has six children and 24 grandchildren.
He battled Parkinson's Disease for many years.
We love him and miss him!
1941~2003

No comments:

Brisingr

Drop me a comment if you stop by!

I won't bite, I promise!
I know I am not read much...but it would be great to see who's reading me! :D